Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) released an analysis for the trading session on September 30, 2020, indicating the essential events in the stock market as follows:
The overall investment today – AWS expects the SET today (30 Sep) to remain affected by the negative sentiment of concerns over the COVID-19 situation which added weight to uncertainty on the overall economy and future oil demand.
While foreign factors still have to wait for clarity, including the first round of the Presidential debate that will take place this morning (30 Sep at 8:00 a.m. Thai time), including the progress of the U.S. economic stimulus package that many parties believe the White House and Congress will be able to reach an agreement before the U.S. presidential election on 3 Nov.
AWS maintains its forecast for this week’s movement (28 Sep-2 Oct) at 1,226-1,279 points. AWS investment strategy remains the same. AWS focus on holding more than 50% cash and investing in Laggard play stocks, Defensive Stock (Dividend Stock) and DCA stocks based on the theme Investment, as well as stocks that expected 3Q20 earnings growing (increased both QoQ and YoY, and are in the business that is expected to recover quickly), including CPF, OSP, SCC, SAWAD, MTC and TQM.
Technical View – Today, AWS expects the SET Index to move between 1,252 – 1,265 points. (Support at 1,252 1,247 and 1,239 points and resistance at 1,259 1,265 and 1,273 points). The recommended stocks are PLANB, PTG, PRM, ORI and KKP.
1) Laggard Stocks (Short-term Trading within 1 month) – BAM, BDMS, BEM, CPALL, GPSC, MTC and WHA
2) Benefit from a successful vaccine development and opening countries to receive tourists measure (Short term trading 1-3 months) – AOT, AAV, BA, ERW, M, CENTEL, MINT, WHA and AMATA
3) Benefit according to the season (Short term trading 1-2 months) – BGRIM, CKP and GPSC
4) Benefit from the stimulus package (Short term trading 1-3 months) – CPALL, CRC, HMPRO, BJC, OSP, CBG, MTC, CK, BEM, SEAFCO, PYLON, TASCO, COM7 and WHA
5) Dividend Play (Middle term investing 6-12 months) – KKP, TISCO, QH, LH, ORI, NOBLE, DIF, INTUCH, HANA, EASTW, TTW, EGCO and RATCH
6) Long-term cumulative shares (DCA) (Investing more than 1 year) – ADVANC, AOT, BDMS, BEM, CPALL, DIF and PTT