Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) released an analysis for the trading session on December 28, 2020, indicating the essential events in the stock market as follows:
The overall investment today – AWS expects the SET this week (28-30 Dec) to move in the range of 1,443-1,528 points. AWS expects the SET to move volatility in the sideway upward from last week and have a chance to test 1,500 points before the end of 2020. Issues to follow this week are Congress meeting to vote on the draft U.S. economic stimulus package today (28 Dec) and report the opinion of the BoJ, the essence is at Japanese inflation and economic growth forecast after the latest economic report, the Japanese economy is at risk of deflation.
For investment strategy, AWS also focuses on speculative investments in medium to large stocks that still have a fundamental upside.
Crude oil futures prices in two key markets, WTI and BRENT, fell and moved in a volatile manner. This was partly due to the epidemic of COVID-19 that continuously caused it to limit the recovery of crude oil demand, in particular, the spread of a new British mutant virus.
Latest, British Ministry of Health announced the addition of the eastern and southeastern parts of England as the highest level of enforcement of restrictions on level 4 to control COVID-19.
1) Global Play (Trading within 1 month) PTT, SCC, PTTEP, TOP, PTTGC, IVL, CPF and TU
2) Stocks which obtained the benefit from the nearest successful of COVID 19 vaccine (Trading within 1 month) AOT, AAV, BA,
ERW, M, CRC, CENTEL, MINT, WHA and AMATA
3) Stocks which expected that will have the outstanding performance in 4Q20 (I nvest 1 2 months) SAWAD, GULF, SPALI, ORI,
WHA and STA
4) Dividend Play (Middle term trading 6 12 months) SC, LH, QH , KKP, TISCO, RATCH, DIF, INTUCH, EASTW and TTW
5) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long term trading over 1 year) AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS,
HMPRO, BBL and KTB