Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) expected the SET today to move sideways to sideways up in a range of 1,550-1,590 points after the government measures have not raised epidemic control, including the declining number of infected people in the country. However, it is still a risk to be monitored. The issue to watch today is the banking sector earnings announcement (BAY, BBL, KBANK and TMB) after TISCO and KKP announced 1Q21 results as expected, while we continue to overweight banking stocks, choosing BBL and KBANK as top picks.
For investment strategy, AWS maintained holding more than 50% cash to reduce market volatility. While investing still focuses on stocks with unique positive factors according to the Core Investment.
1) Stocks which benefit from waiver for foreign property holding in the country (Short-term trading 2 weeks) NOBLE, ORI, LH and SC
2) Stocks which benefit from the COVID-19 situation (Short-term trading 2 weeks) – BCH, BDMS, COM7, TQM, III, STA and STGT
3) Stocks which obtained benefit from EV CAR Thailand 2035 (Trading within 1-2 months) – BPP, GPSC, BCPG, EA, NEX, CHO and KCE
4) Dividend Play (Middle-term trading 6-12 months) – SC, LH, QH, KKP, TISCO, RATCH, DIF, INTUCH, EASTW and TTW
5) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long-term trading over 1 year) – AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS, HMPRO, BBL and KTB