– SET Index closed at 1,572.01 points, increased 2.31 points or 0.15% with a trading value of 83.2 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved in sideways trends amid speculative buy on stocks with positive 2Q21 earnings outlook, while adding that the new daily report of Covid-19 cases is an essential indicator to guide the market, thus, recommended investors to monitor the Covid-19 situation in Thailand closely.
The analyst expected the Thai market would continue to move in sideways trends, giving a support level at 1,560 points and a resistance level at 1,580 points.
– Individuals net bought 2.9 billion baht of Thai shares, resulting in a 2.3 points higher at the closing.
– Amid inflation pressures, Fed’s Jerome Powell says U.S. economy “still a ways off” from tapering asset purchases.
– China’s economy grew 7.9% in 2Q and 12.7% in 1H as the economy continued to recover from last year.
– The World Bank revised down Thai GDP growth in 2021 to 2.2% due to the impact of the resurgence of Covid-19 outbreak on the economy and tourism.
– The U.S. is seeing an uptick in Covid-19 cases in recent days. Experts pointed out lack of vaccination and 4th of July gatherings.
– TISCO reported a net profit of 1,666 million baht in 2Q21, increased 25% YoY due to a recovering core business from a subdued economy last year.
– Asia Plus Securities (ASPS) sees 42-billion baht aid measures similar to worker camp closure compensations, probably stabilizing the economy for the near term but not boosting SET Index significantly.
– KBank Private Banking highlights K-GINFRA, K-HIT and K-CLIMATE as investment opportunities to capture growth from infrastructure development in response to the US’s economic recovery plan.
– THG rose 5.88% as the company is expecting to sign a contract with Germany’s BioNtech vaccine factory to import 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine.
– GPSC acquired a 25% stake in Taiwan wind farms with a total capacity of 595 megawatts.
– Stocks in Focus on July 15, 2021: SCC (Maybank Kim Eng Securities TP at ฿520.00/share) and TPIPP (Maybank Kim Eng Securities TP at ฿5.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on July 15, 2021