Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) has chosen eight industries that will benefit from the reopening following the announcement of the Thai Prime Minister in welcoming international tourists starting November 1 and relaxing restrictions on entertainment places such as pubs and bars on December 1, 2021.
AWS has a positive view for economics activities in the upcoming reopening which would limit the downside of Thai GDP growth during the period of the remainder of 2021 to 2022. Still, the projection of the number of tourists in 2021-2022 remains the same.
The securities company added weight to its investment in domestic stocks (70% focus on buying and investing) being a positive sentiment for stocks in the Re- Opening:
1) Aviation sector (AOT, BAFS, AAV and BA)
2) Hotel group (ERW, CENTEL, MINT, SHR and VRANDA)
3) Gas station group (OR, PTG and SUSCO)
4) Entertainment group (VGI, PLANB, WORK and BEC)
5) Food stocks (M, MUD, AU and SORKON)
6) Commercial stocks (CPF, CPALL, BJC, CRC, CPN, MAKRO, HMPRO and BJC)
7) Property development shares (WHA, AMATA, ORI and NOBLE)
8) Domestic transportation group (BTS and BEM)
From the stocks in eight industrial groups, AWC picked AOT, BAFS, AAV, ERW, SHR, BEM and WHA as its top picks.