Following the announcement on March 29, 2019, from MSCI to increase its weight in MSCI Thailand Index from 2.3% to 2.8% which resulted in THB 76.2 billion fund inflow, there are also seven Thai small-cap shares to be included in MSCI Small Cap Index and to be effective from May 29, 2019, onward. The inclusion of the MSCI Small Cap Index will increase the foreign inclusion factor (FIF), which is a positive sentiment to bring the fund flow back.
Nomura Securities states that seven listed companies that the foreign inclusion factor will be increased.
1) Bangkok Life Assurance Public Company Limited (BLA) from 1% to 30%
2) AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand) Public Company Limited (AEONTS) from 14% to 35%
3) LH Financial Group Public Company Limited (LHFG) from 13% to 20%
4) Tisco Asphalt Public Company Limited (TASCO) from 8% to 45%
5) Eastern Water Resources Development and Management Public Company Limited (EASTW) from 11% to 40%
6) Col Public Company Limited (COL) from 25% to 45%
7) Dhipaya Insurance Public Company Limited (TIP) from 25% to 45%