Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Company Limited (CPF) received 5 awards at the Asian Excellence Awards 2020, in recognition of its international-level achievements and excellence.
The 5 awards are; Asia’s Best CEO, Asia’s Best CFO, Best Investor Relations Professional, Best Investor Relations Company and Best CSR Company. The Asian Excellence Awards was organized by Corporate Governance Asia, the Hong Kong-based magazine dedicated to economic and corporate governance reporting. The criteria of the awards are as follows:
- Asia’s Best CEO: Mr. Prasit Boondoungprasert, Chief Executive Officer of CPF, who is domestically and internationally recognized for his leadership in leading the organization towards sustainable growth and equitable responsibility for society, shareholders, investors and stakeholders.
- Asia’s Best CFO: Mr. Paisarn Chirakitcharern, Chief Finance Officer, recognized for his capable financial management in times of volatilities. Under his stewardship, CPF stands out in terms of debt management, financial performance, business planning and strategic procurements.
- Asia’s Best Investor Relations Professional: Mrs. Kobboon Srichai, Company Secretary and head of Investor Relations Office, who played a key role in communicating with investors.
- Best Investor Relations Company: Charoen Pokphand Foods PLC (CPF). The award recognized CPF’ highest standards in transparent and equitable information disclosure: aside from periodical reporting to regulators, CPF effectively communicated with all stakeholders.
- Best CSR Company: Charoen Pokphand Foods PLC (CPF). The award recognized CPF emphasis on social and environmental impacts on communities under the 3 pillars towards sustainability – Food Security, Self-Sufficient Society and Balance of Nature; as well as its measures to protect employees and improve their quality of life.
CPF performed outstandingly after the novel coronavirus outbreak. The organization has sailed through hardships and enjoyed greater competitiveness. CPF attained milestone achievements while extended help to society through the “Food from Hearts against COVID-19” campaign that involved the delivery of food to medical personnel and their families, health volunteers, returnees under quarantine and poor communities.
Meanwhile, CPF standards guaranteed 100% prevention of African Swine Fever (ASF) and prevented the spread of COVID-19 among employees, allowing undisrupted production and continuous supplies of food and meat products. Such clearly demonstrated CPF’ social responsibility.
CPF has collaborated with the government in rehabilitating and driving the economy, through the employment of 8,000 new graduates. Concerned about layoffs and pay cuts in the aftermath of the COVID-19, CPF issued discount vouchers to the public and launched several social activities for the sake of the country, society and the environment.
CPF has received awards from the Asian Excellence Awards for consecutive years, thanks to the adherence to the 3-Benefit Philosophy to sustainability, sustainable growth, and good corporate governance for the sustainability of the organization, community and the environment as well as the trust of shareholders and stakeholders in the country and internationally.
The Asian Excellence Awards are bestowed by Corporate Governance Asia to the organizations in fast-growing Asia that demonstrate corporate governance. The awards are extended to visionary leaders excellent in management acumen, financial performance, corporate social responsibility, environmental practices and investor relations. Through interviews and corporate information, the winners are picked from several countries across the region, including China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.