– SET Index closed at 1,468.24 points, increased 18.89 points or 1.30% with a trading value of 89 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market dropped in the morning session due to concerns of the rising coronavirus cases domestically. However, the index rebounded in the afternoon session after the Thai Prime Minister affirmed that there will be no full-scale lockdown, which lowered investors’ concerns of diminishing economic activities.
The baht appreciation also supported Global-Play stocks, while the oil prices remained at a higher level. In addition, the analyst suggested investors to monitor the development of the coronavirus outbreak in Thailand closely for further government measures, giving a support level at 1,450 points and a resistance level at 1,480 points.
– Foreign Investors and Local Institutions combined a net buy nearly 4,000 million baht to buoy SET Index on the first trading day of 2021 despite rising coronavirus cases.
– Japan to declare another state of emergency on a recent spike in Covid-19 cases.
– UK would roll out AstraZenaca vaccine on Monday. Meanwhile, the Thai Prime Minister ordered 2 million doses for frontline workers.
– OPEC saw a weak outlook for the oil market in 1H21 as concerns of Covid-19 variants mounted.
– Ericsson to power DTAC’s 5G network, providing high-speed internet for customers.
– KGI recommended “Buy on Dip,” expecting SET Index to pull back in early January amid Covid outbreak.
– GULF expected to book ฿600Mn in 2Q after topping up the stake in INTUCH to 14.39%.
– DEMCO signed a turnkey contract for the project replacement of the overhead cable by the underground sable system for the Extending Purple Line on Rattanathibet Road.
– SUPER announced a COD of 550MW solar power plant in Vietnam, ramping up its total production capacity to 1,536MW.
– GUNKUL disposed a solar farm in Japan to book ฿1.09Bn to strengthen its renewable energy business.
– STEC expected the “New Parliament Building Project” to complete despite extension disapproval.
– STGT expected its first trading day in SGX in 2Q21, while the analyst recommended “BUY” at a target price of THB131.50/share.
– Stocks in Focus on January 4, 2021: IVL (Krungsri Securities TP at ฿45.00/share) and TOA (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿40.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on January 4, 2021