– SET Index closed at 1,544.22 points, increased 12.98 points or 0.85% with a trading value of 83.1 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market closed higher, which was in the opposite direction of regional markets and European markets as investors speculated on the Thai cabinet to approve an additional purchase of Pfizer in the amount of 10 million doses with a scheduled delivery date in the fourth quarter this year.
In addition, the analyst recommended investors to monitor the Fed’s minute in July, which will be released on August 18, while expecting the Thai stock market to move in sideways trends in tomorrow’s session with a support level at 1,520 points and a resistance level at 1,545-1,550 points.
– Local Institutions buoyed SET Index by 13 points with more than 3,000 million baht of the net buy.
– Autopilot artificial intelligence (AI) system of Tesla cars is reportedly involved in crashes in various emergency first responder vehicles after dark. The share price plunged 4% as the U.S regulators opened a probe against the autopilot system.
– Regulatory filing shows Michael Burry holds puts against ARK ETF and Tesla.
– Globlex Securities (GBS) forecasts the SET Index to move sideway down between 1,480 and 1,550 points, recommending defensive stocks with strong fundamentals and a good dividend yield, such as ADVANC, TTW, EASTW, and BGRIM.
– BGRIM commenced its commercial operation of Bo Thong 1&2 wind power projects with 16 MW installed capacity at Mukdahan Province.
– RBF announced a mega deal with Osotspa to sell hemp oil for the purpose of producing beauty and body care products, signaling a flood of orders for CBD-THC extracts.
– RS invests 675 million baht into Specialty Holding, grabs a license to extract and produce cannabis and hemp products, achieving the plan to broaden the ecosystem and sustainable growth.
– Indorama Ventures agrees to buy Brazil-based Oxiteno to create a unique portfolio in high-value surfactant.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on August 17, 2021