– SET closed at 1609.79 points, decreased to 17.12 points or 1.05% with a trading value of THB 47.04 billion. The tension from trade war between the U.S. and China still lingered. Major indices in Asia market were all plunged by the uncertainty of the outcome of the dispute with no schedule for trade talks in sight.
Following Asia markets, SET Index erased its gain from a high jump on yesterday with a plummet of 17.12 points along with an escalation of political issues such as the resignation from New Economics Party’s leadership position of Mingkwan Sangsuwan and the disqualification of Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, leader of Future Forward Party. The announcements had made a lot of controversial among Thai people while Dow future sank to 245 points.
-SET declined by 17.12 points due to a net sold of Proprietary Trading and Foreigner investors at THB 2,678.57 million, while Institutions and Individual net bought Thai shares at the amount of THB 2,678.53 milion
– Fed remained “patient” on monetary policy, investors expected 1 cut before year’s end.
– “Mingkwan” resigned from leadership position, asserting MPs to keep promise.
– TWZ repurchases 850 million shares to raise THB 291 million for the investment in waste power plant.
– CHO forecasted the revenue in this year to make a high jump, booking approximately THB 3 billion of backlog.
– KTIS revealed a big project worth THB1.3 billion, producing bagasse containers to sell in domestic and export to oversea.
– BPP informed to postpone power supply in SLG1 project due to the delay of cable production from China.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on May 23, 2019