– SET Index closed at 1,266.02 points, increased 8.04 points or 0.64% with a trading value of 44 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market was fluctuating but still closed higher after a steady new coronavirus case within a single digit, raising hope for a phase 2 lockdown easing measures. Meanwhile, the U.S. and China had agreed to negotiate, which was a positive sign.
The analyst recommended investors to monitor the earnings announcement next week as well as the development of the coronavirus case.
The market next week should swing sideways and sideways up with a support level at 1,240 points and a resistance level at 1,290 points.
– Foreign Investors continued to sell in May while Local Institutions and Individuals buoyed the market with 2.5 billion baht of net buy.
– U.S. and China agreed to implement a bilateral trade deal via the phone discussion.
– IRPC faced a net loss in 1Q20 after recording higher stock loss and lower sales revenue.
– GPSC’s 1Q20 profit soared 68% to ฿1.58 billion after fully recognizing income from GLOW.
– ADVANC’s 1Q20 profit fell 10.75% due to lower revenue and higher D&A.
– SCCC posted a decline of 25.2% in 1Q20 profit after facing contraction in demand.
– TPIPP reported a slight decrease by 1.6% in 1Q20 profit from a loss in foreign exchange.
– MTC’s 1Q20 profit jumped 23% to book ฿1.23bn from an increase of loan receivables income.
– PTTGC recorded a net loss of ฿8.7Bn from stock and FX losses.
– Stock loss pressured TOP to report a net loss of ฿13.7Bn in 1Q20.
– THAI postponed 1Q20 financial report submission due to the impact of Covid-19 on data collection.
– Stocks in Focus on May 8, 2020: BTS (Krungsri Securities TP at ฿13.50/share) and CPN (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿66.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on May 8, 2020