Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) released an analysis for the trading session on December 25, 2020, indicating the essential events in the stock market as follows:
The overall investment today – AWS expects the SET today (25 Dec) to move in the range of 1,422-1,478 points. The SET Index is volatile in an uptrend due to ongoing buying from the Fund Flow after last week, the market has seen panic sell from the COVID-19 situation in the country.
However, AWS expects to see a gradual rebound in the market after the situation was resolved and government measures that are not very strict in controlling the situation in the country, coupled with positive foreign factors of the situation of the progress of the vaccine, progress of U.S. economic stimulus measures and Brexit which are the downside limiting factors.
For investment strategy, AWS also focuses on speculative investments in medium to large stocks that still have a fundamental upside.
AstraZeneca, vaccine maker reported that the vaccine against COVID-19 developed in collaboration with Oxford University “AZD1222” can prevent COVID-19 which is the new species from England and can spread faster than the original virus about 70% by the past trials found that 70.4% of the test participant by vaccination, each person responded effectively to the vaccine.
While the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that more than 1.0mn people in the U.S. have been vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and before the end of 2020, the US plans to vaccinate more than 2.0mn people per day to meet its 20.0mn vaccination goal by the end of 2020.
1) Global Play (Trading within 1 month) – PTT, SCC, PTTEP, TOP, PTTGC, IVL, CPF and TU
2) Stocks which obtained the benefit from the nearest successful of COVID-19 vaccine (Trading within 1 month) – AOT, AAV, BA, ERW, M, CRC, CENTEL, MINT, WHA and AMATA
3) Stocks which expected that will have the outstanding performance in 4Q20 (Invest 1-2 months) – SAWAD, GULF, SPALI, ORI, WHA and STA
4) Dividend Play (Middle-term trading 6-12 months) – SC, LH, QH, KKP, TISCO, RATCH, DIF, INTUCH, EASTW and TTW
5) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long-term trading over 1 year) – AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS, HMPRO, BBL and KTB