– SET Index closed at 1,536.44 points, increased 22.66 points or 1.50% with a trading value of 125 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market closed higher, in line with regional markets as well as the European markets after the U.S. Congress officially confirmed Joe Biden’s win as the president, while the Democrat would own both the Senate and the House, leading to a positive sentiment of more and smoother stimulus plans.
However, the buying pressure on DELTA greatly impacted the Thai market outlook today, while some took the opportunity for a profit-taking, especially in the banking sector.
In addition, the analyst still believed that SET Insex could still be able to extend its gain, even with some selloff during the climb, giving a support level for next week’s sessions at 1,510-1,520 points and a resistance level at 1,550 points.
– Foreign Investors were a solo buyer in today’s session, buoying SET Index with a total of 4.5 billion baht of net buy.
– Trump conceded Biden’s win, saying that the inauguration would take place on January 20, 2021.
– JAS applied for a loan of ฿325Mn from its subsidiary for working capital purposes.
– NRF boosted the joint venture’s investment size to ฿508Mn to fulfill the digital transformation strategy.
– CHG expected its revenue this year will beat 2020 due to higher revenue from coronavirus tests.
– The analyst gave INTUCH an “outperform” rating with a target price at ฿65, pointing out an attractive dividend yield of 4.1% in 2021.
– Maybank maintained a positive outlook on Thai banks, picking BBL to report strongest earnings in 4Q20.
– BANPU dropped 12% as analysts warned investors to trade cautiously due to lower coal prices.
– ASPS expected the fund inflow to drive SET to 1,626 points in 2021, giving a “buy” recommendation on PTT, KBANK, GULF and ADVANC.
– GULF remained on track of commencing the operation of “GSRC” as planned, while expecting to book ฿55Bn of revenue in 2021.
– DELTA closed 27% higher, despite being put under “cash balance” measures. The analyst recommended “sell” at Bt213.00/share.
– Stocks in Focus on January 8, 2021: SCGP (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿48.00/share) and AP (Krungsri Securities TP at ฿8.20/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on January 8, 2021