– Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Thai Union Group (TU), Mr. Thiraphong Chansiri, anticipated that the full-year net profit will set a new record after first-half earnings this year soared 51% due to rising domestic and international businesses. TU has approved a 0.45 baht dividend with an XD on August 23. Also this year, the company will pursue a spin-off plan that will introduce “Thaiunion Feedmill” or TFM to the stock market. Fifteen analysts have recommended a “BUY” rating on TU, with an average target price of 23.90 baht and a profit forecast of 7,290 million baht in 2021.
– Tipco Asphalt (TASCO) refuted the money-laundering accusations, stating that the transaction with Venezuela’s PDVSA alluded to in the court filing and in related news stories were the subject of discussions between the company and the US State Department in August 2020. At the request of the US State Department in those exchanges, TASCO voluntarily put an end to these transactions by November 2020. Maybank Kim Eng Securities (Thailand) believes that the sanctions laws apply only to American citizens and companies, and hence have no impact on TASCO.
– North East Rubber (NER) is confident that rubber sales this year will exceed 24,500 million baht, pushing a three-year goal (2021-2023) rubber sales to 31 billion baht after expanding production capacity, expanding customer base, and massive orders.
– Investors and analysts both have JMART Group in their sights as their wholly owned subsidiary JMT and SINGER will help to create an excellent shared profit, and this will boost JMART’s 2021 earnings by 55% to 1.24 billion baht. The analysts have given a target price of 45 baht on JMART, while expecting JMT would earn another record profit in the second half of the year, giving a target price of 51 baht.
– Thanachart Capital (TCAP) boosted its stake in TMBThanachart Bank (TTB) from 20.1 to 22.2% and increased its ownership in Ratchthani Leasing (THANI) from 57.5 to 59.8%. TCAP now has about 6.5 billion baht in cash on hand and intends to offer a 1.2 baht interim dividend per unit.