– SET closed at 1,638.24 points, rose 12.67 points or 0.78% with a trading value of THB 56.87 billion. Today, the SET Index closed higher by 12.67 point due to surprising July imports and exports data beating all estimations from analysts. In July 2019, imports rose 1.67% YoY, beating an estimate of 5.97% decrease while exports showed an amazing number of 4.28% increase YoY, beating an estimation of 2.1% decrease. The trade surplus was $11 million, compared to an estimate of $249 million. However, both imports and exports were still at -1.81% and -1.91%, respectively, in the seven months period (January – July).
Meanwhile, the foreign markets were waiting to see the progress of the trade war, Brexit and Fed’s meeting result.
– Proprietary Trading and Foreign Investors net bought THB 1,341.23 million, buoying the SET to close higher by 12.67 points.
– Stocks in Focus on 21 August 2019: BCPG and TFG
– BCPG: KGI Securities recommended “BUY” BCPG Public Company Limited (BCPG) share with the consensus target price of ฿19.90/share, setting a support line at ฿18.30 and a resistance line at ฿19.10 – ฿19.50, stop loss at ฿18.00.
– TFG: KGI Securities recommended “BUY” Thai foods Group Public Company Limited (TFG) share with the target price of ฿5.35/share, setting a support line at ฿4.8 – ฿4.68 and a resistance line at ฿5.00. KGI said that if share price passed the estimated resistance line, the next resistance would be ฿5.20, trailing stop at ฿4.46.
– SUPEREIF to made its first debut today, promoting at least 90% dividend payment of profit.
– RATCH acquired a 99% share of “NNE” with ฿2 billion for business expansion in sustainable growth.
– PTG aimed to reach ฿200bn of revenue in 2020 by expanding non-oil business for diversification.
– BCPG paid a dividend at ฿0.16/share, XD September. 3, after showing 19.5% profit growth in 2Q2019.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on August 21, 2019