– SET Index closed at 1,539.85 points, increased 3.36 points or 0.22% with a trading value of 90 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market edged higher in the afternoon session in response to the new stimulus packages from the government in a 3,500 baht package relief to those affected by the pandemic for two months, which will boost consumption in Thailand. Meanwhile, the new coronavirus cases showed a slight decline to less than 200 cases, giving the market positive sentiment as well.
Nevertheless, the analyst expected profit-taking along the hike, especially in big-cap stocks. In addition, the analyst gave a support level for tomorrow’s session at 1,527-1,532 points and a resistance level at 1,550 points.
– Proprietary Trading led the buying team with a 1,128 million baht, coupled with a combined 1,100 million baht from Foreign Investors and Individuals to buoy SET Index by 3.3 points.
– Vaccination gathered pace in Europe amid new Covid-19 variants along with a high death toll.
– Malaysia stocks closed lower after the announcement of an 8-month-long state of emergency to curb Covid-19 spreading.
– Moderna to begin the vaccine study for teenagers, expecting results in September.
– KAsset expected SET Index to reach 1,600 points by year’s end due to fund inflow and revival of tourists after the nationwide vaccination.
– NEX stated that there was no significant development after a high trading value that led to SET putting the company into cash balance measures.
– TU announces the settlement of an antitrust litigation in the U.S.
– SABUY formed a joint venture “Sabuy Exchange” to develop business in creating a loyalty program service.
– The analyst expected PTTGC to book a 4Q20 profit of ฿6.5Bn, giving a “BUY” rating at ฿71.00/share.
– The analyst expected NER’s healthy 4Q20 outlook to continue into 2021.
– RT acquired 8 new construction projects worth ฿280Mn, bringing its backlog to ฿4.6Bn.
– Stocks in Focus on January 12, 2021: RBF (Finansia Syrus Securities TP at ฿12.00/share) and AOT (KGI Securities TP at ฿79.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on January 12, 2021