– SET Index closed at 1,496.61 points, increased 13.63 points or 0.92% with a trading price at 79.3 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market closed higher, in line with regional and European markets in response to an improvement in U.S. economic data as jobless claims came out better than expected. Economists also expected 50,000 payrolls added last month after a decline of 140,000 in December. The unemployment rate is expected to maintain at 6.7%.
Meanwhile, oil prices also edged higher as well. As of 17:40 local time in Thailand, WTI rose $0.57 or 1.01% and the international benchmark Brent Crude rose $0.62 or 1.05% as investors expected demand to return once Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid plan was approved.
The analyst advised investors to monitor the development of U.S. stimulus packages and the releasing of financial statements, which should be coming out in the following weeks.
In addition, the analyst estimated SET Index to move in sideway to sideway-up trends, giving a support level at 1,480 points and a resistance level at 1,500-1,515 points.
– Institutions boosted SET Index by 13.6 points with a net buy of nearly 1.7 billion baht, while Foreign Investors added 181 million baht.
– ThaiBev confirmed the brewery-unit spinoff, expecting to list 20% of “BeerCo” on SGX.
– SET appointed “Prasarn Trairatvorakul” as the new chairman of the board, effective 5 Feb.
– NRF completed the first tranche of Prime Labs’ acquisition worth ฿225Mn.
– KEX jumped 586% as BLS expected the e-tailing market to grow significantly for the next 20 years.
– PTG stated that it is ready for penetrating “Hemp” business, targeting a product launch in 2 months.
– JMART issued two series of debentures with an interest rate as high as 4.60%.
– RBF soared 11.57%, topping all analysts target prices as business tended to grow further.
– RATCH targeted to achieve 245MW M&A in 2021 as the analyst recommended “BUY” at ฿62.25/share.
– Analyst forecasted 19% earnings growth for XO in 2021, recommended “BUY” at ฿16.00/share.
– Stocks in Focus on February 5, 2021: BBL (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿150.00/share) and TKN (Kingsford Securities TP at ฿13.60/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on February 5, 2021