– SET Index closed at 1,580.01 points, decreased 0.03 points with a trading value of 80.5 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved narrowly in today’s session, but was better than regional markets that plunged sharply.
The Thai stock market was able to maintain its current level due to speculative buys on specific stocks, while the banking sector earnings were better-than-expected. However, a pullback from foreign investors mitigated SET Index’s gain, coupled with concerns over the possibility of GDP downgrade due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation that is more severe than the previous one.
The analyst expected SET Index to move sideways in both positive and negative territory in tomorrow’s session, giving a movement range of 1,565-1,585 points.
– Foreign Investors made a 1.8 billion baht of net sell to erase the slight gain in SET and closed flat.
– Strong non-NII and cost management resulted in SCB’s 1Q21 earnings growth by 9% to 10 billion baht.
– CIMBT’s 1Q21 profit fell 68% to ฿341Mn from higher ECL and lower income.
– KUN revealed that the company recorded 350 million baht of sales revenue in 1Q21, expecting to meet its 2021 target at 1.5 billion baht.
– Analysts recommended “BUY” on ICHI, expecting high-profit growth in 1Q21 from new products.
– TRIS Rating assigned company rating to BCPG at A- with a stable outlook.
– Stocks in Focus on April 21, 2021: KBANK (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿160.00/share) and WICE (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿7.60/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on April 21, 2021