– SET Index closed at 1,617.65 points, decreased 7.14 points or 0.44% with a trading value of 88 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved in both negative and positive territory. The Thai market was mostly positive in the morning session in response to the announcement of a re-opening within 120 days to boost the Thai economy, but the negative sentiment from the global market in the afternoon over Fed’s faster-than-expected rate hike plunged SET Index to close lower.
As for domestic factor, the analyst recommended investors to monitor the progress of vaccination in Thailand, which is very essential to the re-opening plan, while expecting the market in tomorrow’s session to move sideways to sideways down due to a lack of positive drive. The analyst gave a support level at 1,605 points and a resistance level at 1,630 points.
– Foreign Investors dragged SET Index down by 7 points with a 2.8 billion baht of net sell.
– The Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that Thailand will be fully opened within 120 days from now to welcome visitors and boost the economy.
– In the semi-annual index review for SET50 and SET100 in 2H21, SET Index added STA, STGT, KCE and IRPC into SET50 while TKN returned to SET100.
– KGI sees the government’s interest rate cut to have a limited effect on non-bank, pointing out the share price decline as an opportunity to “BUY”.
– Asia Plus Securities stated that the SET Index is undergoing correction but probably does not fall below 1,600 pts. ASPS is still OVERWEIGHT for reopening plays.
– PSL rosclosed 6.34% higher after the inclusion in the SET100 in the semi-annual review.
– TPOLY was awarded for a construction project for Provision of Raw Water for the Production Sector in Rayong Area (Supporting EEC) worth 191 million baht.
– Aviation and Tourism stocks edged higher in response to the anticipation of fully re-opening the country within 120 days to boost Thai economy.
– The share price of TKN rose 4.58% after the official announcement in addition to SET100.
– SABUY‘s Boards approved the establishment of SABUY Capital Plus and SABUY Maxi Insurance Broker to operate supply chain financing loan and broker Insurance business.
– BGRIM expected to boost its earnings in 2Q21 as revenue from Vietnam-based solar projects is likely to recover significantly. Additionally, electricity sales to IUs in Thailand are projected to rebound as the Covid-19 crisis eases.
– The PTT’s Board of Directors passed the resolution to approve the establishment of Pinthong Natural Gas Retail Company Limited to operate a natural gas retail business.
– Stocks in Focus on June 17, 2021: GUNKUL (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿4.70/share) and ICHI (Capital Nomura Securities TP at ฿17.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on June 17, 2021