– SET Index closed at 1,528.32 points, decreased 4.39 points or 0.29% with a trading value of 82 billion baht. The analyst stated that the profit-taking in medical and hospital stocks weighed the Thai market down as the outlook in 3Q showed potential growth, but could slow down in 2022.
The analyst stated that the 2Q21 earnings season will end on August 17, and investors would look ahead to results in 3Q that could receive an impact from the Covid-19 outbreak. However, the analyst expected the energy, sea freight and petrochemical stocks to remain positive. Even though the recovery in consumer spending is still unclear for the second half of 2021, overseas factors would be the main driver, while having an inexpensive valuation, 2H21 net profit could slowdown.
In addition, the analyst stated that SET Index could slow down after the earnings season, recommending investors to monitor the announcement of Thailand’s 2Q GDP, while giving a support level for next week at 1,480-1,500 points and a resistance level at 1,535-1,550 points.
– Local Institutions net sold 1,956 million baht of Thai shares to drop SET Index by 4 points.
– BGRIM reported a 50% surge for its 6M21 financial statement as sales volume grew and the COD of the solar project.
– Fitch Ratings (Thailand) assigned KBANK‘s upcoming euro-denominated senior unsecured short-term debentures a National Short-Term Rating of ‘F1+(tha)’.
– NOBLE showed solid performance in the first half of 2021 with net profit rising 10% YoY, announcing an interim dividend payment of Bt0.35 per share.
– BEAUTY reported lower net loss in 2Q21 as the company moved forward in business restructuring plans to tackle the Covid-19 crisis.
– MINT announced its second-quarter 2021 financial results, posting a core loss of Baht 3.4 billion, improving both QoQ and YoY, signalling recovery underway.
– EGCO announced a 2Q21 net profit of 2,758 million baht, with another major milestone called “Innopower”, to spearhead Smart Energy Solution business.
– XO’s net profit rose by 68.23% or equal to Baht 154.64 million in 2Q21, stemming from an increase in revenue from sales and gross profit margin.
– Stocks in Focus on August 13, 2021: EPG (Krungsri Securities TP at ฿16.00/share) and KCE (Asia Wealth Securities TP at ฿95.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on August 13, 2021