The Thai stock market opened higher on Wednesday in anticipation of lockdowns easing after the number of coronavirus cases subside continuously.
As of 10:30 local time in Thailand on August 25, 2021, SET Index rose 7.39 points or 0.47% to 1,594.37 points with a trading value over 16 billion baht.
Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) expected the SET Index today to move in the range of 1,570-1,600 points and continue moving in the sideway after this week with positive sentiment based on;
1) The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) endorsed the full approval of Pfizer vaccine.
2) The refining rate of Indian refineries during July increased to the most in three months as energy demand recovered. AWS is optimistic on oil play stocks, we choose PTTEP, PTT, IRPC, TOP, SPRC and PTTGC.
AWS believes increased crude oil prices and appreciation of Thai baht will be factors supporting stocks in the energy sector, including stocks in Utilities and companies that import raw materials from abroad. AWS chooses PTTEP, PTT, IRPC, GPSC, BPP, GULF and TVO.
This week still needs to be followed in the U.S. Federal Reserve’s annual meeting (Jackson Hole Symposium) titled Monetary Policy Framework Review on 26-28 Aug and Thailand Focus on 25-27 Aug.
1) Laggard Play (Trading 1 month) – ADVANC, PLANB, SPRC, IRPC, PTT, STEC, CK and CRC.
2) Earnings Play (Trading 1-3 months) -GPSC, BCPF, GULF, TU, ASIAN, SONIC, BCH, CHG, and NER.
3) Dividend Play (Trading more than 6 months) -KKP, TCAP, TASCO, PSH, TISCO, SPCG, SC, WHAUP, CTW, ORI, RATCH, TVO, TTW and SPALI.
4) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long-term trading over 1 year) -AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS, HMPRO, KBANK and KKP.