– SET Index closed at 1,242.99 points, increased 5.45 points or 0.44% with a trading value of 39.4 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved in line with other stock markets in rebounding from last week’s plummet over reports of President Trump’s improving health as he’s treated for Covid-19.
However, the president’s doctors also began treating him with dexamethasone, a steroid that has shown promise for critically ill patients, but may cause side effects or harm to those with less severe Covid-19 symptoms.
Nevertheless, the analyst believed that today’s session was a short rebound, suggesting investors to monitor the development of the coronavirus pandemic as well as the preview of 3Q earnings.
The analyst expected a support level for tomorrow’s session at 1,240-1,230 points and a resistance level at 1,250 points.
– Individuals led the buying team with a 955 million baht of net buy to buoy SET Index by 5pts.
– Doctors treated Trump with drugs for severe Covid-19 cases, while the Democrats Biden tested negative.
– Paris on “maximum alert” as coronavirus cases surge.
– PTTEP entered the Erawan area, expecting to install platforms after the Department of Mineral Fuels successfully negotiated the deal with Chevron and the gas production would continue during the changing in 2023-2024.
– KTB formed “Infinitas By Krungthai” to operate digital platforms as service and innovation.
– KTB renewed a 4-year contract for “Payong Srivanich” as president.
– EGCO commercialized the COD of 19.8MW Gangdong Power Plant, expecting to recognize revenue in 4Q20.
– STPI acquired 26.18 million shares at a total value of 120 million baht from its share repurchase program.
– BGRIM signed an MOU with PEA to jointly strengthen the leading position in the power generation industry.
– WHART expected to increase its investment in assets from the 3.2 billion baht capital increase.
– ORI records 88% of presale target in 9 months, expecting 9 projects worth ฿14Bn in 4Q20.
– Stocks in Focus on October 5, 2020: SCCC (Maybank Kim Eng TP at ฿180.00/share) and VGI (KGI Securities TP at ฿8.30/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on October 5, 2020