Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) released an analysis for the trading session on December 30, 2020, indicating the essential events in the stock market as follows:
The overall investment today – AWS expects the SET today (30 Dec) to move in the range of 1,439-1,478 points which is the last trading day of 2020, AWS expects the market to remain volatile in a narrow frame.
The lower SET frame is still limited by window dressing, but the increase in SET has no supporting factor. Investment continues to monitor the country’s COVID-19 situation, which will remain the heaviest factor that will cause market volatility.
For investment strategy, AWS also focuses on speculative investments in medium to large stocks that still have a fundamental upside.
Ministry of Tourism and Sports report in the period of 11M20 (Jan – Nov) that Thailand’s tourism sector grossed Bt760bn, down 71.8%YoY, with foreign tourists entering Thailand 6.69mn people, down 81.4%YoY which in Nov, had tourism entered Thailand at 3,065 people, a significant increase compared to Oct 20, and are expected to continue to increase in Dec 20 due to the reduced restrictions on foreign tourist visas.
The revenue from overseas markets stood at Bt330bn, down 80.6%YoY, while Thailand domestic tourism during 11M20 (preliminary figures), have the total number of travelers 78.3mn people, a decrease of 49.2% YoY, and the income generated from tourism spending was Bt428.0bn, a decrease of 56.3%YoY which in Nov, the total number of travelers dropped 23.4%YoY, but this increased 34.5% recovery from Oct.
This was driven by (1) the special holiday tourism and (2) the recovery of tourist destinations in the western and northeastern regions after the flood situation in the area resolved.
However, the COVID-19 situation in a country that has returned to crisis again which leading to measures to control epidemic in some vulnerable areas will affect the overall tourism in the country during Dec 2020 continued until the beginning of 2021
1) Global Play (Trading within 1 month) PTT, SCC, PTTEP, TOP, PTTGC, IVL, CPF and TU
2) Stocks which obtained the benefit from the nearest successful of COVID 19 vaccine (Trading within 1 month) AOT, AAV, BA,
ERW, M, CRC, CENTEL, MINT, WHA and AMATA
3) Stocks which expected that will have the outstanding performance in 4Q20 (I nvest 1 2 months) SAWAD, GULF, SPALI, ORI,
WHA and STA
4) Dividend Play (Middle term trading 6 12 months) SC, LH, QH , KKP, TISCO, RATCH, DIF, INTUCH, EASTW and TTW
5) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long term trading over 1 year) AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS,
HMPRO, BBL and KTB