Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) released an analysis for the trading session on February 16, 2021 indicating the essential events in the stock market as follows:
AWS expected the SET to move in a range of 1,498-1,549 points as the index still has a positive momentum from overseas factors as supporting factors and the security company looked at it as a supporting factor in commodities.
However, market increases are still under pressure from the COVID-19 epidemic and domestic political factors. This is reflected in the continued sales force in the aviation and tourism sector (CCSA is considering extending the quarantine period of international travelers from 14 days to 21 days to protect the risk of COVID-19), including slowdown buying pressure on OR shares after reflecting positive sentiment from MSCI SET50 and SET100 Index’s acquisition.
For investment strategy, AWS continued to weigh our investment as speculation in stocks with a positive upside in fundamentals shown in the Core Investment section.
The SET announced shares calculating in SET50 and SET100, OR traded in SET50 and SET100, while TTW was out from the calculation on SET50 and TKN was out from the SET100 calculation by reviewing the index-computed share list in accordance with the stock selection criteria during the new listing (Market Cap. more than 1% of the total market cap of SET and be in the Market Cap. TOP 20 of the SET) effective from 17 Feb onwards, while OR will begin to be computed in the MSCI index on 26 Feb 21.
1) Global Play (Trading within 1 month) – PTT, PTTEP, TOP, PTTGC and SCC
2) Green energy stocks (Trading within 3-6 months) – GPSC, EGCO, GULF, BGRIM, BPP, BCPG, EA and ACE
3) Expectations for the vaccine and increased stimulus measures (Trading for 3-6 months) – BBL, KKP, BEM, CPF, TU, M, OSP, CPALL, HMPRO, CRC and CHG
4) Stocks which expected that the performance in 4Q20 will outstand (1-2 months) – SAWAD, GULF, SPALI, ORI, WHA and STA
5) Dividend Play (Middle-term trading 6-12 months) – SC, LH, QH, KKP, TISCO, RATCH, DIF, INTUCH, EASTW and TTW
6) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long-term trading over 1 year) – AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS, HMPRO, BBL and KTB