– SET Index closed at 1,532.71 points, decreased 9.91 points or 0.64% with a trading value of 99.7 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market closed lower in a selloff manner to lower the risk prior to a holiday tomorrow and the uncertainty of Covid-19 situation and political issues in Thailand.
In the meantime, the analyst expected that the Covid-19 situation in Thailand should be close to its peak, and the fast-paced vaccination should help relax concerns on the matter.
In addition, the analyst expected SET Index to recover on Friday if no critical situation comes up, giving a support level at 1,525 points and a resistance level at 1,550 points.
– Foreign Investors continued to withdraw from the Thai stock market with more than 3,000 million baht of selloff, causing SET Index to plunge 10 points.
– PTT reported a net income in 2Q2021 at 24,578 million baht, mainly due to the Petrochemical and Refining businesses which had the performance improved significantly.
– PTT Oil and Retail Business reported a 520% increase of net profit in 2Q21 as sales revenue and EBITDA grew significantly.
– Banpu Power signed a Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA) to purchase 100% interest in the US Temple I gas-fired power plant, a significant milestone that allows BPP to establish its foothold in investment in the US electricity market.
– INTUCH rose 10.61% amid speculation of ADVANC changing dividend policy to 100%, which would benefit INTUCH directly.
– STA’s 2Q21 earnings rose 361% to 5,043 million baht as a result of the recovery of the auto industry that pushes the demand for tires to rise.
– STGT reported a 2Q21 net profit of THB 7,280.1 million, growing 589% YoY but decreasing 27.6% QoQ as the company confronted with challenges from the COVID-19 outbreak at the Trang and Surat Thani plants, which forced STGT to suspend production at the 2 plants for 8-19 days in late May and June, a move that had a direct impact on the production volumes.
– TU and Kasetsart University signed an MoU for academic cooperation in which the agreement will support the production of organic vegetables for export and to the Bann Sukjai Foundation.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on August 11, 2021