– TQM has accelerated the closing of acquisition of TQR’s shares from “Pannipa Family”, who owned 44.35% of total paid-up shares in TQR. The deal would help TQM achieve its business expansion strategy. At the same time, TQM set a target for revenue from insurance premiums at 25 billion baht, an increase of 19% YoY.
– DOD signed an MOU with “KISS” for research, development and manufacturing products of dietary supplements skincare which contain hemp as an ingredient. Also, DOD has entered into partnership with GMM O Shopping (GRAMMY), JKN and CHAYO to strengthen and diversify distribution channels.
– TCAP returned to book a net profit of 4.7 billion baht in 2021 as a contribution from TMB, THANI and Thanachart Insurance, affirming a dividend payment at the rate of ฿3.00/share (yield 8.6%) as the current cash on hand is over 10 billion baht.
– The Central Criminal Court has ordered MRTA to submit additional documents regarding the complaint filed by BTSC related to misconduct over Orange Line bidding. The ruling will take place on May 5, 2021.
– Analysts expect the Thai market today will be driven by AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 inoculation of Prayut and his Cabinet, while seeing only a short-term impact from political issues and pandemic. Analysts project the index to challenge 1,600 points due to a higher core profit YoY.