– Analysts advised investors to keep an eye on OR as high net-worth investors and institutions would make high volume trading transactions on the first trading day. The popularity in OR could take over KEX’s historic trading value of 25 billion baht with ease. The analyst estimated OR’s target price range between 19-25 baht per share in anticipation of 40% profit growth in 2021. The securities will enter SET50 Index under the fast-track measure, and possibly an addition in MSCI as well.
– The Bank of Thailand plans to hold an online debt mediation fair to help credit card and personal loan debtors over 300,000 court cases in a bid to ease the debt problem amid the Covid-19 outbreak. The program will cover all stages of credit card and personal loans ranging from performing loans to those under the court or law enforcement process.
– MSCI increased investment weight in GULF, expecting a fund flow to increase by 855 million baht. GULF is also ranked in the top 12 of the highest transactions in the EM market. Meanwhile, the rebalancing of MSCI on February 25, 2021, will weigh down SET Index by 0.01%.
– GPSC invested 500 million baht in Anhui Axxiva New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. in China at a stake of 11.1% to operate a battery manufacturing business with a production capacity of 1 GWh per annum. The investment on this project aligns with GPSC’s strategy on expansion of investment in innovation and technology to create and generate revenue from New S-Curve business corresponding to the fast-moving environment of energy and electricity generation sectors.
– PTTEP discovered the largest gas well from the Lang Lebah-2 appraisal well in the SK410B Project in Malaysia. The well test showed a flow rate of 50 million cubic feet of gas per day (MMSCFD).
– KBS, KSL, BRR and KTIS affirmed a limited impact from the anti-dumping measure of sugar from the Vietnam government, which will increase import duty of Thai sugar to 33.88%. The limited impact stated by all four companies was due to a low export portion to Vietnam.