– SET Index closed at 1,542.62 points, increased 2.43 points or 0.16% with a trading value of 81.6 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market challenged the resistance level at 1,551 points, but faced a profit-taking, which indicated that investors still had low confidence in the market.
Meanwhile, the positive sentiment in the market came on the back of lower Covid-19 cases and higher-than-expected corporate earnings in 2Q21.
In addition, the analyst expected SET Index to move narrowly in sideways trends with a support level at 1530 points and a resistance level at 1,550-1,554 points.
– A 1.9 billion baht of net sell from foreign investors nearly erased all gains in the Thai stock market, resulting in SET Index to close 2.5 points higher.
– The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urged its citizens to avoid traveling to Thailand by placing the country on the highest travel advisory tier due to the worsening Covid-19 outbreak.
– NH Hotel Group reports a turnaround in results for the first time since the start of the pandemic, enabling no operating cash drain in July.
– MSCI and FTSE cut INTUCH’s weight due to weaker liquidity following the decline in free-float, which will take effect at today’s market close.
– GFPT‘s 2Q21 earnings fell 18% to 181.82 million baht on the back of higher cost of sales from higher raw material price of feed production.
– A spike in sales and service revenue boosts JR’s 2Q21 earnings to 69 million baht.
– BCPG announced a total net profit of THB 565 million, a 59% increase YoY, on the back of the full-quarter revenue recognition of four new solar power plants and hydropower plants in Laos.
– JASIF reported a net profit of 2,075 million baht in 2Q21, increased slightly by 7.50% due to a decline in total expenses.
– JAS’s EBITDA for 2Q21 was at 3,278 million Baht, increasing by 9%. JAS is looking for new ways to generate more revenue by building on existing businesses and reducing spending by adjusting the organization structure.
– On 9 August 2021, the Central Administrative Court ruled to allow THCOM to continue the right to use orbital slots and related filings of THAICOM 7 and 8 until the case is final or the court orders otherwise.
– JKN reported a decline by 28% in 2Q21 net profit due to a decrease in revenue, and an increase in expenses and financial costs.
– JTS reported a 321% increase in 2Q21 earnings after the acquisition of assets from JASTEL in May.
– For the second quarter of 2021, the net profit of THANI reported a net profit of Baht 427.61 million, down 3.58% from the same period of last year.
– SUPER‘s 2Q21 earnings rose 377% YoY, mainly from the contribution of solar projects in Vietnam.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on August 10, 2021